Root Yourself: Fall Plant Walk Immersion Series (Asheville, NC area)
Every Thursday in October • 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
(Rain Date Thursday, November 4)
Walk Locations within an hour of Asheville, NC
Sliding Scale $200-300
In the fall season, the energy of the plants returns to the roots.
Sink your Roots into
into Botanical Knowledge
Join us on 4 weekly plant walks (within an hour of Asheville, North Carolina) to gather together and empower ourselves with wild edible & herbal plant knowledge.
We'll have time to sit with the plants to form deeper connections, fostering recognition and comfort.
Seeing them each week will reinforce the plants in our brains, on a journey of lifelong knowing.
What you'll experience will include (but not be limited to):
- Connecting with the plants through hands-on experience using multiple senses
- Learning basic botany knowledge
- Drawing the plants (no artistic skill needed) to observe them more deeply
- Creating community with other botanical learners
- Learning foraging and wildcrafting skills for self, family, and community reliance
Sliding Scale options $200-$300 for accessibility. Please pay what you can to support the non-profit work and scholarships. Ask about work trade and scholarship options.
We'll meet in various weather unless it's a torrential downpour or dangerous conditions.